We’re writing to introduce an exciting new way of working designed to provide you with more efficient access to personal health care. It’s called Health Care Home.
Raumati Road Surgery is one of just seven practices in the wider Wellington region involved in the pilot.
Here’s how it will affect you:
· A nicer place to visit. The front desk is being redesigned and phone system moved away from reception, which means a quieter calmer reception area enabling us to concentrate more completely on your needs.
· Easier access and more choice. We are now connected to ManageMyHealth, a secure online portal. Once enrolled, you can use it to book appointments, contact your GP, and see lab results and other clinical information. We may be able to save you the time and hassle of a trip to see us. Of course, you can still phone us or make an appointment in the usual way if you wish.
· Access to care when you urgently need it. If you phone the practice between 8.30am and 9am on a weekday, you will be able to speak to a GP or senior practice nurse, and we will guarantee you a same day appointment if it is clinically necessary.
· More services. We are expanding our services so that you can receive some additional urgent care from us (such as intravenous antibiotics and management of deep vein blood clots, for example) thereby avoiding your having to make any unnecessary trips for these to the Emergency Department at Wellington Hospital.
· Better management of ongoing health conditions. Many of our patients have ongoing health conditions, and we want to make it easier for you to plan and manage your own health care so that you can maintain a high quality of life. We’ll work with you to set goals around your health and wellbeing, and work with you on a regular basis to achieve these goals.
We will also make available the time that you need to manage your conditions in consultation with us.
· Better service at hospital or After Hours. Hospital and After Hours staff will be able to see some of your health information, allowing them to provide you with better and more personalised care.
We joined the Health Care Home pilot because it promises better health outcomes for you. As well as treating you when you are sick, we want to help you to stay well.
Ask us about the changes. We would love to hear your feedback.